This course is intended for participants who aspire to improve the data literacy through skill-up the digital competence.
This 1 day course will describe the new best-practice in big data analytics and how big data impacts the technology ecosystem. You will get to know why and how the open-source movement impacts the technology ecosystem. This course will also explain the key factors to identify and use different data visualisation technology to communicate data in context.
Big Data Analytics
- Foundation concept of big data
- How big data impacts the business world today
- Analytics capabilities: Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive & Prescriptive from big data angle
- Introduction to the open-source technologies and the development
- The top projects from the world’s popular open-source software foundations such as Apache, Linux and Python
- How open-source technologies become the trend to drive innovation and also a critical part to enrich big data analytics
- Design concept and feature of data visualisation
- An introduction of Apache Superset, a user-friendly data visualisation tool that is essential to most of the data users today
Date : 15 Dec, 2020 (Tue)
Time: 09:30 – 17:00 (Total 6 hours)
Cantonese, supplemented with English technical terms
Who Should Attend
It is highly relevant to participants who involve in the requirements input, design, development, delivery and ultimate use of the digital initiatives including data consumer, digital initiatives decision maker, business analyst, and operational line managers.
- Basic computer software skill
- Basic internet skill
Award of Certificate of Attendance
Participant with full attendance of class will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by the Hong Kong Productivity Council