Advanced Microservices training course will help you learn the advanced concepts of microservices architecture.
Microservices are more agile and provide flexibility to align with changing business needs mainly designed as small independent and reusable services, which can be modified and independently deployed.
Participants can understand:
- The benefits of microservices over the traditional way of building monolithic applications.
- How to build microservices with container technology, configuration management, web proxy, service discovery and registrator in tool belt.
- How to adopt best practices such as auto-healing, elasticity and load balancing in the microservice architecture.
The course provides a lot of hands on practice for participants to master the microservice approach for application development. Common problems such as configuration management, capacity planning and provisioning, distributed logging will be introduced, helping us to improve our application which is able to configure, scale up or down, and heal by itself.
- (a) Introduction to microservices
- (b) Comparison with traditional monolithic software development
- (c) Spring MVC and security
- (d) Message broker, e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- (e) Boosting performance with Ehcache
- (f) Hands-on practice on Spring framework
- (g) Workflow management system, e.g. Camunda
- (h) Configuration management
- (i) Docker & Kubernetes
- (j) Web proxy for interfacing with microservices
- (k) Service discovery
- (l) Service registration and deregistration
- (m) Hands-on practice on building multi-layer microservices
Simon MOK is an IT professional trainer for over 10 years covering IoT, data analytics, AI and machine learning and programing. He has rich experience in leading development team to deliver software solutions for clients. He is a M.Phil from the University of Hong Kong and MSc in Computer Science from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
9-10 Feb 2021
09:30 – 17:00
Total 12 training hours
Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology
Course Fee – Approved RTTP
HK$1,600* (Original price: HK$4,800)
* Maximum saving, with the final grant subjects to approval.
This course is an approved Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP) with up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Award of Certificate of Attendance
Full Attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by the Hong Kong Productivity Council.
- 3 years of system administration experience, basic knowledge on Linux operating system
- Participants need to possess strong background in RESTful web services, Spring Framework, Microservice basics like Registry, API Gateway, Docker, etc.