This course focuses on developing cross-platform mobile applications on iOS and Android using React Native.
React Native uses web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS to render the user interface and achieve native performance.
Participants will learn about developing user interfaces with React Native’s layout and component support, and accessing the capabilities of native mobile platform.
The course provides a lot of practical exercises to get your hands dirty in building React Native mobile applications.
- (a)React programming basics
- (b)Exploring components
- (c)Introduction to Styles
- (d)Introduction to React Native
- (e)Building the first application
- (f)Using platform APIs
- (g)Working with module and Native Code
- (h)Mobile-Platform-Specific Code
- (j)Deploying of iOS and Android apps
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- (a) Build mobile applications targeting multiple platforms with a single codebase
- (c) Access platform API to enrich your mobile application with device capabilities
Simon MOK is an IT professional trainer for over 10 years covering IoT, data analytics, AI and machine learning and programing. He has rich experience in leading development team to deliver software solutions for clients. He is a M.Phil from the University of Hong Kong and MSc in Computer Science from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
13-14 Jan 2021
09:30 – 17:00
Total 12 training hours
Cantonese, supplemented with English terminology
Course Fee – Approved RTTP
HK$1,600* (Original price: HK$4,800)
* Maximum saving, with the final grant subjects to approval.
This course is an approved Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP) with up to 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful applications. For details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Award of Certificate of Attendance
Full Attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance issued by the Hong Kong Productivity Council.
Fundamental knowledge in HTML/CSS/JS