This experiential programme aims at helping non-tech professionals such as HR, marketing, sales, finance, or even senior management to gain a practical understanding of Blockchain technologies.With the use of experiential learning methods, participants can experience Blockchain in an engaging way for digital transformation in the ABCD+ era.
The Blockchain Experiential Programme explores the issues of current internet model: lack of peer to peer trust and the issue of centralisation and see how Blockchain addresses trust issues.
Participants can learn Blockchain concepts step by step through experiential games:
- Definition of Blockchain/Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Explanation on the benefits of decentralisation architecture that enables peer to peer transactions
- Walkthrough of Operation in Distributed Ledger among Networks nodes
- Explanation on Consensus Protocols that facilitate trust in decentralised architecture
- Illustration of the concept of asymmetric key encryption
- Public Key & Private Key
- Highlight the benefits of Smart Contract that can eliminate 3rd parties
- Explanation of the benefits of Distributed APP (DAPP) on Blockchain network
10 July 2020 (Friday) – Postponed
09:30 – 17:00
6 lecture hours
Cantonese & English
1. Polling to bust the common myths and misunderstanding of Blockchain
2. The essence of Blockchain technology
3. Blockchain Experiential Activities – Boardgame and Debriefing
- Understanding the fundamental concepts of Blockchain
- Benefits of Decentralisation
- Distributed Ledger System overview
- Distributed Ledger in Networks nodes
1. Continue the Blockchain Experiential Activities using boardgame to learn the following concepts:
- Distributed Consensus (Proof of work, Proof of Stake, Mining)
- Cryptography (Public Key & Private Key)
- Smart Contract
- Distributed APP (DAPP)
2. Application Case Studies for different functional units and industries e.g health care, real estate, logistics, HR… etc
3. Group exercise: Applying mini-design thinking methodology to enable participants in small groups to come up with new ideas/prototypes that can leverage the understanding of Blockchain for innovation in their own industries/disciplines.
4. Homework and participating in social learning WhatsApp group
Dr. Andrew MA
- Coming from a high-tech background, Andrew has extensive global management experience in diverse disciplines, including marketing, business development, strategic & product management, system engineering, and consultancy & training.
- He is also recognised for outstanding academic achievements, including a Ph.D from School of Business and Leadership, with a research focused on cross-cultural & cross generational leadership, MBA; M.Sc. (Optical Communication); B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering); and BA (Economics).
- Furthermore, Andrew is a certified trainer for The Potential Project CBMT (Corporate Based Mindfulness Training), qualified and accredited administrator of the MBTI, master trainer for MRG, and experienced in EQ related teachings and trainings.